"Embracing 'Cultural Uniqueness and Differences' to make a Difference"
This training introduces participants to concepts of cultural programming and implicit racial bias through the Mosaic Dimension Model. It helps to foster a climate of success & reduce disproportionality and disparity through three extraordinary practices. The Mosaic Dimension assumes that children who are moving through the Foster Care system are as culturally unique and different as mosaic patterns.
The Mosaic Dimension Model teaches that through “the Power of One,” we can each work to create a child welfare system where all children “fare well.” This experiential, scenario-based training is designed to go beyond traditional programs to explore this topic on a broader level. It includes a data-driven practicum designed to encourage and strengthen transfer of knowledge and competencies to actual work experience. Presented by Patsy Wilkerson, M.A.
- Define Mosaic Dimension Model 2.0, Diversity, Disparity & Disproportionality
- Interact with Child Welfare Case Flow Chart and identify their roles, touch points and impact on the system
- Define primary, secondary & Mosaic Dimensions of diversity and the impact on foster care clients
- Evaluate & discuss state and parish-wide disproportionality and disparity data and strategies to improve outcomes
- Review implications of disproportionality data and ways practitioners can influence and possible change results
- Discover applications for Mosaic Dimension Model and implications through a Practicum experience
Registration is $25 and will cover lunch, refreshments and training materials. 6.0 CEU and CLE hours are approved including 1 hour for professionalism. Credit will only be issued for time attended.
Pre-registration is required in order to plan for lunches/seating.
There is no cancellation for this training. If you know someone that can take your place we can swap your registration.
For additional content information, contact Thailund Porter-Green at the Pelican Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need registration assistance, contact Jennifer Graffeo at Team Dynamics: email@example.com